[IPp] Re: Teen troubles

       I do hope that things improve for Patricia.  Please watch her
carefully.  Claire went into DKA last month so very, very quickly.  Was
playing happily (with extremely high bgs) and 90 minutes later was very sick.
 I was relying on the bolus to bring her down, as the previous week she came
back to 5.2 from 25 in just 90 minutes.  Do you check blood ketones with the
Precision Xtra meter?  Its great for moments like this, though we find that
it requires a really large drop of blood to work.

Claire is also so erratic with bgs.  She has two days where the morning bg is
almost the same, she then eats the exact same thing at school and one day the
bgs are lowish to great and the next day they are very high.

Hope Patricia is better in the morning.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8