Re: [IPp] Teen troubles

In a message dated 9/18/2002 9:11:40 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> At this point I don't know what will work with her. She
> just doesn't get it. This make me want to cry

Deborah -- I want to cry with you.  I can't even imagine how scary this must
be for you . . . The only thing I could add to Michael's suggestions is to
consider involving her soccer coaches (or threaten to involve them if she
doesn't step up immediately).

She absolutely should not be exercising when she's over a certain number
(180/200/240 -- pick a number -- depends who ya talk to) and especially after
her recent hospitalization the coaches aren't going to have a hard time
understanding that.

Coaches are responsible for laying down and enforcing all kinds of ground
rules for their atheletes all the time (grades, not playing with a
concussion, whatever) and I don't see why they can't be a part of making sure
this athlete is fit and ready to participate in practices and games before
they let her on the field.

I'm obviously not "in" on the entire situation, but from what I can see,
unless there are consequences ** THAT MATTER TO EVE** she has no reason to
make any changes.  Clearly your threats and nagging haven't worked.  Even the
6 days in the hopital didn't work -- and since youre a parent and I know you
don't want to just give up I figured I throw out another thing to consider
trying . . .  Hang in there!

Pumpmama to Katie