Re: [IPp] Shoobies

Dear Paula,

"Shoobies" is the nickname that people who live at the shore all year
round have given to the summer visitors.....usually it is because they
drive crazy (they have no idea where they are going) they tend to leave
trash on the beach (not always, just some of them), and they are usually
a lot louder then the "natives", because they are on vacation and having
a great time.  I don't know how "shoobies" got started, I just know that
we have always called the visitors that.  I hope you don't take offense
(if you are a summer time beach visitor)  It isn't always meant in a bad

(1)non diab.>From: "Paula and James Clements" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: [IPp] Shoobies
>Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:16:27 -0400 > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry.
Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community.
Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your
annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail >
>Cindy, > >What the heck are "shoobies".... ? > >Paula (pump-mom to
Genevieve (dx'd @13mths, pumping since age 4 1/2 yrs, >now age 7) and
James (age 11, non-d)