Re: [IPp] carbs at school

>Does anyone have any suggestions for better estimates for school

I have the same trouble with substitutions.  I have just made a list of
EVERYTHING possible that the school has to offer that Jessica will eat.
I put their carbohydrates next to what they are and the amount she will
need to bolus for each.  This way, Jessy is not limited to her choices.
The nurse has all of this info, when Jessy goes down to her after lunch
to bolus, she just tells the nurse what she ate and whether she ate all
of it, or some of it.  If there is any question at all as to what to do,
they call me, and I help with deciding her bolus factor.  You will find
that the school has a limited selection in the long run of foods they
will offer, versus foods Lauren will eat.  It shortens the list a
little.  I have my list hanging on my desk in the office, so that I never
have to go looking for it.  I do make up a daily card too, to make it
easier, but in the case of substitutions, we are not left unguarded.

(1)non diab.