[IPp] scales

Ok, so how do the scales actually work. When you put a plate of say pasta on
it, how is it telling you how many carbs are on that plate? I hope I don't
sound dumb...I am now rethinking about this whole scale thing, and I think
it's a great idea, to be sure that your bolusing for the exact amount of
carbs, would give Matthew even better control.
And for those of you who have smaller scales for when you go out, what are
the names of them and where did you purchase them? Are they relatively small?
I am so interested....

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!