Re: [IPp] My Glucagon Issue

In a message dated 9/16/02 10:08:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We are in Utah.  It was actually the school policy representative that
> told me that the 504 had to be unanimously approved.  The nurse
> recommended against the school administering the glucagon because of
> liabilities issues but the school policy states that they will not be
> held liable.  I have my meeting Wednesday morning.  A friend whose
> diabetic child goes to a different school in the area had her 504 plan go
> through with no problems under the direction of another school nurse.  If
> I have problems Wednesday, I will ask for your help because I am prepared
> to fight if needed.  Thanks!  Is there a website that outlines the
> procudures for the 504....would be nice to have for that Wednesday
> morning meeting.
> Cheri McCurdy

Utah...hummmm...where? I know lots of people from Utah.....here is a link
with info that will help you <A HREF="http://www.diabetes.org/main/application/commercewf?origin=*.jsp&event=link(E4_1)">ADA - Community and Resources - Advocacy</A> ....our
last district the 504 coordinator did not know they law....they cannot deny
what you need for your child without law to back them up....and too bad if
the nurse is *uncomfortable* with it...she will need to learn that glucagon
is not dangerous unless not used.....you know all that.....It would probably
be helpful if you could take a copy of your friend's 504 with you......good
luck and let me know if I can help!
now ten!