[IPp] Switch to Novolog

We are currently pumping and just made the switch from humalog to novolog.
We carry Josh's insulin in his case with us where ever we go.  My question
is this.  Can the novolog be used in syringe in case we need to do an
emergency shot, or should I carry the humalog with us as well.  I guess I
want to know is the novolog to be used just for the pump?  I forgot to ask
my doctor when we switched and was hoping someone on the is list would

Angela, mom to Josh dx'd at 9 mths, pumping since 3/o2