Re: [IPp] Jon's syringe experience

Dear Susan,

Good luck with all of this.  I hope the allergies clear up too.

(1)non diab.>From: Susan Borkowsky >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Jon's syringe
experience >Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:02:51 -0500 > >Insulin Pumpers is
made possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in
industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> >Jon is doing not to bad on syringes now. He likes it better. I forgot
one day >that he was off the pump and that he *had* to have morning
snack. By the time I >remembered, 11:00 am, he was 1.9 (34). He's been
holding on to that NPH so much >that he neither needs insulin at supper
or bedtime. I'll have to play with the >numbers so we're not always
chasing lows. > >I inquired about Lantus. It isn't available in Canada
but I may pop over to >Grand Forks, ND and pick some up. Apparently it's
being done. I'm wondering >how temporary this will be. (him being off the
pump). > >I know what some of you mean when you say that numbers that
used to be >considered ok are now high once you're used to the pump. I've
been told to >"relax" about a reading of 17 (306) which to me is waaay
high, but nothing we'd >even correct with a syringe. Weird. I'd be
correcting it with the pump for >sure. I hope that we can resolve his
allergy issues. > >Take care and thanks for the support. > >Susan