Re: [IPp] Blood Glucose Monitors

> Do you find that it takes a lot of blood? Our Freestyle needs such a small
> amount and I also like being able to test on his arms to give his fingers a
> break.

I can't compare the amount of blood to the freestyle (which I've heard uses
less blood than fingers) since we've never done arm checks.    It uses normal
lancets, and we do find it takes less blood than it did to fill his accucheck

We haven't tried the freestyle since Zachary has some pretty bad
lows (and that's an understatement)  and we know the results aren't
accurate with the freestyle on lows.    When you have a kid that can
still be walking around in the low 20's  you don't want to be looking at a
meter that is reading a slightly low number and not knowing how bad it
really is.     But I know others love them and I think that's great :)

Fenton, MO