[IPp] Re: Going high after breakfast

BlankThis is to Trena, you said that you have been giving Jake eggs and
bacon or sausage for breakfast for the last 2 weeks and he's been high 2
hrs. after.  Bacon and Sausage are high in fat.  You may even use butter to
cook the eggs with (also a form of fat).  Since fat retards the absorption
of insulin, have you ever used the extended bolus with the 2 units that you
give him. Say extending it over 2 hours?  That may help.
   One other thing I was wondering about.  Have you been giving him eggs
EVERY day?  I thought it wasn't good to have more than 3 eggs in one WEEK.
I may be wrong, but I thought it was a question of putting too much
cholesterol in your diet.
   If anyone else knows about the egg thing, please let me know. Just
curious.
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 10