Re: [IPp] Blood Glucose Monitors

> Just curious as to which meter it is that has a backlight and flashlight
> beam....
> Sounds really cool.

It was me talking about our meters.    We switched from Accucheck
to "Precision Xtra"  when he went on the pump in February '02.    The
hospital had a few that they'd rec'd as samples.   The CDE had used
that type summer '01 at camp when the company gave them a bunch
of these new meters to try on the campers.

Since then we've gotten a second one so the home and school are both
on same strips.    I never need lights at night,  son thinks its cool to see
my tiptoeing about like an "Alien" when he happens to awaken  :)   AND
the other plus is it also handles strips which test the blood for ketones.
Ketones show up fast in the blood so we aren't waiting around for stuff
to show on urine strips a few hours later.

We still don't see them in all stores, but they are showing up.
E-Mail me privately if you want more info.

Fenton, MO