Re: [IPp] What kids can eat when asleep

Dear Shelly,

Chocholate milk?  What a great idea.  Jessy used to get so sick every
time she drank chocholate milk before she was diagnosed that we thought
her problem was with chocolate.  Turned out her problem was with diabetes
instead.  We had stopped getting chocholate milk, maybe it would be a
good idea now to get it again to "treat" her lows in a joyful

Thank you so much for the idea!

(1)non diab.>From: Shelly Van Dyke >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: POP List >Subject: [IPp] What
kids can eat when asleep >Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 14:50:37 -0700 (PDT) >
>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > ><<>box (at 28!)>>>> > >I
know the original string was about when your child has passed out from
low >blood sugar, but the above phrase caught my attention. Luke has not
passed out >from low blood sugar (knock on a big piece of wood there) in
the nearly 3 years >he's been diagnosed. But from lows during the night,
we found that even while >asleep, he can pretty easily take a juice box,
3 glucose tablets (broken in >half, with him rolled to his side to
prevent choking), or spoonfuls of real >chocolate syrup. > >On the times
that we catch him when he's around 80 during the night or needs a >snack
after he comes back from a low, we give him a little chocolate milk to
>keep him going - boy, does he suck down chocolate milk well! I've found
that I >can dissolve up to a tablespoon of chocolate syrup (real or
s-free) in just 2 >ounces of warm milk if needed - it makes for a super
chocolate drink with a >real short drink time. > >Luke thinks it's pretty
funny that even asleep his preference for chocolate >comes through.