email @ redacted">

[IPp] Toddler on the Pump

Hi all,

I don't usually write much to the list, I do read all the messages
back and forth and they are very informative and helpful.  I just
wanted to share our good news.  My son who is 2 went on the pump in
March.  His A1c's while non-pumping were in the 8's.  We just had his
test done last week and the first time since pumping straight for 3
mths his A1c's are 6.5.  Our nurse says that is excellent control for
a toddler that young on the pump.  She's afraid he may behaving to
many lows, which he isn't, but says that is overall very tight
control.  So we were very pleased with the results.  I highly
recommend the pump for toddlers, it makes a world of a
difference.....Thanks for listening......

Angela, mom to Josh dx'd at 9mths, pumping since 3/02

"They say it takes a minute to find a special person,
 an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them,
 but then an entire life to forget them."
help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers