Re: [IPp] I just heard some news

Dear Marie,

I spoke to him.  I had to speak to him about our next meeting anyway, so
it came up in the dicussion when I asked him how he was.  I offered to
send him the Diabetes News Letter, he said he gets it already drom when I
sent it to him before, at least now I know that he DID get it.  I told
him the best book I have gotten on carbs is the Calorie King, he said he
would definitely get it.  He told me that right now, he is controlling it
by diet and testing frequently (I refrained from asking him if he had to
do it in the nurses office)  I did say, it is a pain, but necessary.  I
sympathized with him and offered support if needed.  He seemed very happy
and actually listened.  I am thinking that maybe now I will have an ally
in him.

Thank you for all of your support and concerns.  I do appreciate it.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] I just heard
some news >Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:28:10 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry.
Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community.
Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your
annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >In a
message dated 9/13/2002 5:53:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes: > > > > Now that the dust has settled on the
news, I am not as anxious to be the > > a#* that he was to me. > >Glad to
hear that time to reflect has given you some perspective. I think >that
an opportunity to be of genuine help will come. But remember, everyone
>has a different path to "get there". He may not be receptive to
overtures >right now, until he gets used to the idea himself. Allow him
to come to you. > And remember, Type 1 and Type 2 are different. He may
be dealing with some >very different "head issues". > >Glad to hear that
you are reacting well, tho! > >Warmly, > >Marie :) >Mom to Nikkolas
(Nikko) 7/98 >Dx'd 3/01 >Pumping MM508 since 7/02