Re: [IPp] corrections

Dear Shanna,

I give a 1 to 15 ratio right now with Jessy, regardless of what she has
eaten, and it seems to be working well for her.  If she is still very
high after 1 hour (this has happened) I will do a correction bolus and
the watch her carefully for the next 2 hours to make sure she doesn't go
too low.  It's all trial and error, but I think the main thing is just
watching and monitoring carefully always.  Jessy still is in her
honeymoon period we think, and sometimes she reacts differently to the
same foods and the same bolus.  Most of the time we do OK though.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted, email @ redacted
>Subject: [IPp] corrections >Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:40:13 EDT >
>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >If I check Jacob 1 hour
after a meal and/or an insulin dose and he is >high....he will stay high
unless I correct. Like, Jacob had nutrigrain bites >for breakfast and 1
hour later he was 312 despite giving a 1:30 instead of >the usual 1:40. I
didn't correct because it had only been 1 hour. 2 1/2 >hours later he was
317. Today he was 268 (even though I gave a 1:25 bolus) >and I corrected
and at his check this morning he was 130. Does anyone else >experience
anything like this? > >Shanna