Re: [IPp] I just heard some news

Dear Marie,

Thank you.  You are very right.  My concern, however is mixed with
genuine concern and almost a sense of relief (I feel awful about that)  I
have sent the man much information in the past that he chose not to
read.  He chose not to educate himself about diabetes, or what my
daughter was going through.  This would not necessarily have bothered me,
if he hadn't tried to block me every time I tried to improve Jessy's life
while at school.  I am just thinking now, that maybe, since his life has
been touched with diabetes, he will now take the time to educate himself
on the disease, and learn something.  Maybe he will even see what an a#*
he has been, and be a little more compasionate.His office is right there
in the school, and he passes my daughter umpteen times a day in the
hall.  I am just hoping that now he will look at her and see the strength
my daughter has to do what she has to do at such a young age.

Now that the dust has settled on the news, I am not as anxious to be the
a#* that he was to me.  I do want to send him info, but that is like a
double edged sword.........for his and for Jessy's benifit.  Thank you so
much Marie.  And you are right........being sickening sweet is not the
higher road, but being genuine is.  Thanks.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] I just heard
some news >Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:09:20 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry.
Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community.
Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your
annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >In a
message dated 9/12/2002 1:27:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes: > > > > , but you just don't know how badly
I want him to know that I know, and to > > try to be the better person. >
>Letting him know that you know *doesn't* necessarily make you the better
>person. And if it's a *fake* concern (I think the phrase "sickeningly
sweet" >has been used), it really *doesn't* make you the better person. >
>I don't mean this in a harsh way, honestly. I think what makes one the
>better person is one who knows, and does *nothing* with the knowledge
except >to pray for that person, and only you will know that you are
doing that. It >takes courage to just do that and take the higher road. I
think wanting the >best for someone despite how they treat/have treated
you makes you the better >person. Just my .02. Hope it all works out for
him. > >Warmly, > >Marie :) >Mom to Nikkolas (Nikko) 7/98 >Dx'd 3/01