Re: [IPp] Going off the pump

> Thanks Mariam,

Actually, he is off the pump already.  His infusion came out, like it does almost
every night (we were beginning to think he was pulling it out to extend bedtime
but then realized that bedtime was his itchiest times).  I gave him 1 unit of NPH
to cover him for the night and will get up to test as some residual basal will be
floating around.  We're using the NovoPen Jr. and I'm not sure I like them.  Too
much insulin seems to seep out.  Anyone ever use one before?  I didn't before but
we thought we'd try them.  The rep at work gave me a couple.  They're color coded
for NPH as Rapid.  It's kind of cool.  You say that Lantus is better?  What is
the onset and peak time with it?

I'm sure we'll be ok.  The fine tuning will take a bit of adjusting to.

Jonathan seems happy about it, that is important.

Susan