Re: [IPp] Going off the pump

Last summer we took a pump vacation.  The infusion set came out four times in
one night, then, subsequently, it came out sporadically when Sarah became
overheated and sweaty.  We might have figured out a solution, but she was
reluctant to experiment while at sports camp.  So, she was on nph and humalog
for at least three weeks.  I was nervous too, but it came right back.  Our
endo said trying lantus might have been a good idea if our vacation were to
be long term, as it has a longer half life than nph.  Because of a lot of
physical activity, she was close to goal and her A1C actually dropped. It was
not a bad experience at all.  She was willing to take food boosters for
treats, etc.
Don't worry - but, it does take a few days to get the amounts right. Then,
the going should be good.