Re: [IPp] My glucagon issue

In a message dated 9/11/02 10:29:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What I can't believe is that the nurse said it was okay to
> give injections for bee sting reactions and not insulin reactions...will
> make that point in my meeting also! Cheri Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:26:07

Ask her to show you the law...our former district tried this and were not in
compliance with the law...it took a phone call to the director of the state
board of nursing to confirm....silly really...glucagon can't *hurt* anyone if
given at the wrong time but epi pens can kill if given incorrectly.....I
still suggest you ask, in writing for a 504 meeting to discuss this and
signed off as the law states.....it is not a matter of being ornery but
getting your child's rights in place....good luck and I am so blessed that I
no longer have this battle.....
now ten!