What state are you in?  I need to send this info to my nurse!  Thank you.

(1)non diab.>From: "Marisa Schmidt" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] Glucogon
at School >Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 23:46:43 -0400 > >Insulin Pumpers is
made possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in
industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> >Cindy, > >My son has been bolusing himself since he started pumping 9
months ago, just >2 months shy of his 8th birthday. I write what his
bolus will be on a >little post-it note. Even though he does not bolus
the same amount >everyday, he has never once made a mistake. I think your
daughter will do >fine too. >Good luck, >Marisa > >----- Original Message
----- >From: "Cindy Lattimer" >To: >Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002
10:07 PM >Subject: Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School > > > > Insulin Pumpers
is made possible by contributions from forum > > members and supporters
in industry. Your tax deductible donation > > of $1.00 or $2.00 per month
is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can > > continue to serve you and
diabetes community. Please visit: > > > >
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > > > > Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > > > > Dear
Beverly, > > > > Our school always has a nurse. If our regular nurse
should be sick, then > > they would have a substitute nurse to replace
her. Jessy just happens to > > go to gym in the morning, and if, by
chance the nurse were to leave her > > post, she would bring the walkie
talkie with her. I am quite confident > > with the nurse, she is young
and fit, and more importantly, cares about > > Jessy on a personal level
(her daughter and my Jessy are friends.) > > > > We are trying to get
Jessy to do her snack bolus by herself in the > > classroom without the
nurses involvement because, that would be just one > > more time she
would need to go there unnecessarily. She will always be > > bolusing the
same, so it is a no brainer. The nurse seems to be OK with > > it as long
as there are no legal issues, which there aren't, so I am > > pretty sure
this will work out fine. Once this acclimation period is > > over, Jessy
will only need to go to the nurse after lunch to bolus, when > > she is
over 180- to bolus, when she is under 80 (after she eats > > something,
of course), and on gym days before and after gym so that she > > can drop
her stuff off in the nurses office and pick it back up, so she > > will
just test there, especially since the nurses office is right next to > >
the gym. I can't wait until the 30 days are up. Jessy can't either. > > >
> Thanks for being there, Beverly, and being concerned, it really does
mean > > so much to me that all the way from Texas, you are watching out
for my > > precious little peanut. > > > > Cindy, pump mom to Jessy (8)
dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab. and Trevor > > (1)non diab.>From:
email @ redacted >Reply-To: > > email @ redacted
>To: > > email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp]
Glucogon at > > School >Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 09:33:05 EDT > >Insulin
Pumpers is made > > possible by contributions from forum >members and
supporters in industry. > > Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so > > that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to
serve you and diabetes community. > > Please visit: > >
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your > > annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >In a > >
message dated 9/8/02 8:27:10 AM Central Daylight Time, > >
>email @ redacted writes: > > > > Our school has the walkie talkies, >
> therefor I did not push the glucagon > > issue. My battle was mostly
for > > the testing in the classroom. We are > > trying to figure out now
if > > Jessy will be allowed to bolus for at least > > her snack (It will
always > > be a 15 carb snack, therefor she will always be > > bolusing
1.0, a no > > brainer, and I think the nurse has realized just how > >
ridiculous this > > all is to make Jessy go to the her so often.) I
really > > don't mind her > > bolusing for lunch in the nurses office,
Jessy does > > because she is > > missing out on quality recess time, but
we are trying to > > work it out > > with the teacher's to let her go
earlier to bolus, so she > > doesn't > > have to miss out. > > > >Cindy,
did you make sure there is always someone > > around who can give
>glucagon? even when the nurse is gone? Jess should > > be able to bolus
for snack >with the nurse....our nurse goes to Mary > > except for lunch
and Mary leaves a >little early to stop by her office > > but Mary can
start doing it in class >anytime she wishes....btw, our > > school has
1200 and counting so she is very >busy and has another D > > child...good
luck! >Beverly >-*******---******* >Beverly, Mom to Mary, > > NINE!!,
dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and Nick, who is >now ten! >
HELP@insulin-pumpers.org > > >help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > > > >