Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

email @ redacted writes:

> Our school has the walkie talkies, therefor I did not push the glucagon
> issue.  My battle was mostly for the testing in the classroom.  We are
> trying to figure out now if Jessy will be allowed to bolus for at least
> her snack (It will always be a 15 carb snack, therefor she will always be
> bolusing 1.0, a no brainer, and I think the nurse has realized just how
> ridiculous this all is to make Jessy go to the her so often.) I really
> don't mind her bolusing for lunch in the nurses office, Jessy does
> because she is missing out on quality recess time, but we are trying to
> work it out with the teacher's to let her go earlier to bolus, so she
> doesn't have to miss out.

Cindy, did you make sure there is always someone around who can give
glucagon? even when the nurse is gone? Jess should be able to bolus for snack
with the nurse....our nurse goes to Mary except for lunch and Mary leaves a
little early to stop by her office but Mary can start doing it in class
anytime she wishes....btw, our school has 1200 and counting so she is very
busy and has another D child...good luck!
now ten!