Re: [IPp] Re: Ketones again-Eve in hospital

Dear Deborah and Barbara,

I am so sorry about Eve and Claire.  Jessy is so new to diabetes, and has
only been hospitalized twice (once with the initial diagnosis and once
since when she had the flu and the doctor wanted to make sure she didn't
dehydrate-our pediatrician has a son with diabetes and is over cautious
when it comes to Jessy because of it)  I never underestimate diabetes,
but when I read something like this, it brings it just re affirms how
dangerous this disease can be.  My heart goes out to you, and my prayers
for strength and healing.  When are they going to come up with the damned

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: [IPp] Re: Ketones
again-Eve in hospital >Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 02:11:40 EDT > >Insulin
Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members and
supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00
per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you
and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Deborah, > I'm so sorry
Eve has ended up in hospital. I'm on Digest mode, so I'm >just reading
about her on Saturday evening. Did you read my post about >Claire and
hospitalisation? Well, if so, you know that I know how you are >feeling!
Claire as well could not even keep down water in the hospital. I >had
brought Raspberry Ice flavour Crystal Lite for her to drink and boy, it
>sure comes back out bright red. > How was her blood pH? Was it in normal
range when they did the first >blood tests? > They pumped so much IV
solution into Claire that she became like a >waterlogged sponge. I
noticed then that her regular basal rate was making >her go too low, had
to give 15 carbs of sugary drink in the middle of the >night and morning
bg was still low. I was wondering if being super-hydrated >can cause
this??? > Anyhow, I hope by now that Eve is home, or at least that things
have >improved. >Best wishes, >Barbara, Mum of Claire 8