Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

> Dear Carol,
>
> Go girl!  Keep hounding her about it.  You already said the PE teacher
> was OK with the glucagon, you may want to talk to him again before the
> nurse tries to "scare" him out of it (that is most likely what she will
> do instead of finding out his comfort level).  Isn't it awful that we
> have to think the worst of these people?  I know my problems with the
> superintendent were because he had a lack of knowledge, and didn't ask
> the "right" questions to other people when "doing research on the
> subject".  Just keep on top of this.  If they still say no to the PE
> teacher having the glucagon, demand the walkie talkies.  They cannot deny
> you that!
>
> Cindy, pump mom to Jessy (8) dx 1/02, Julie (3)non diab. and Trevor
> (1)non diab

Cindy,

After talking to the district nurse I did go back and talk to the PE teacher
again.  Right now I believe he's OK with this.  I didn't let on that he can
refuse.  I just gave him the info matter of fact and said this is how we
have to deal with it.  I hope the nurse doesn't scare him out of it, but I'm
prepared if she does.  I've already told the principle that if we can't work
something out with the PE teacher then I prepared to find other solutions
including someone else trained with the glucogon to be out on the field.
But really I think that would be ridiculous to have someone out there all
the time. I'd more than likely push for the walkie talkies.

Carol