Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

Dear Sarah,

Life seems to be a learning process, and for us parents of diabetes, we
are forced to learn a lot the hard way.  We don't make the same mistakes
twice though!  I'm glad you got everything laid out without any
misconceptions now.  Good luck.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IPp] Glucogon at
School >Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:56:11 EDT > >Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in industry.
Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is needed so
that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes community.
Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml > >Your
annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >If
Carol's son has an "other health impairment" such as speech or learning
>disability than she does not qualify for a 504. It must be an IEP, which
is >stronger than a 504. BUT, you must have a health care plan attached
to the >IEP and it must be signed along with the IEP and in the IEP it
must read that >there is an Individual Health Care Plan that is to be
included and attached >the current IEP. I have just been thru this with
my son and I finally have >everything in order. Thanks to the State of CT
Parent and Advocacy and a >lawyer from the CT Children's Medical Center.
Last year I had an IEP because >my son is under "other health impairment"
...he takes speech therapy at >school, so I did not qualify for a 504,
but when he no longer needs speech we >will switch over to a 504.
Anyways, middle of the school year last year I >find out that the Health
Care Plan was never included in with the IEP, and I >literally went
crazy...so this year at our meeting I was sure to have it >signed by my
endo and a rep from the school. All I's dotted and all T's >crossed...
>Sarah :) Mom to Matthew ( almost 6 ) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd
3/99 >and Victoria ( 7 ) Non-D...Love My kids!