Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

Dear Carol,

Go girl!  Keep hounding her about it.  You already said the PE teacher
was OK with the glucagon, you may want to talk to him again before the
nurse tries to "scare" him out of it (that is most likely what she will
do instead of finding out his comfort level).  Isn't it awful that we
have to think the worst of these people?  I know my problems with the
superintendent were because he had a lack of knowledge, and didn't ask
the "right" questions to other people when "doing research on the
subject".  Just keep on top of this.  If they still say no to the PE
teacher having the glucagon, demand the walkie talkies.  They cannot deny
you that!

(1)non diab.>From: "Carol Mulligan" >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: >Subject: Re: [IPp] Glucogon
at School >Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:31:47 -0700 > >Insulin Pumpers is
made possible by contributions from forum >members and supporters in
industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or $2.00 per month is
needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve you and diabetes
community. Please visit: > > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> >Your annual contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail
> > > That's exactly what Lindsey does and it's in her 504. I guess we
have been > > fortunate with this school. > > > > Mike Swaithes > >
Husband to Pat > > Dad to Alicia (9) & Lindsey (Z) 12, dx 5/98 > > > >
-----Original Message----- > > From: Carol Mulligan > > a paper that says
Devin will carry his own glucogon on him and ALL > > THE TEACHERS will be
trained to use it. > > >Mike et all, > >Well, just got off the phone with
district nurse. She told me "info out >there "on the web" is meant to
scare parents about what might happen, but >rarely does." Besides that
baloney, she did say she would talk to the PE >teacher about his "comfort
level" on Monday after he's had a chance to >practice with the supplies I
gave him. She did imply that we might be able >to work something out with
a lock box in the PE office to hold the glucogon >when Devin's not in PE.
She was more concerned about no walkie talkie for >the PE teacher while
out on the field. I guess this might solve some of the >problem. > >Carol