[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

If Carol's son has an "other health impairment" such as speech or learning 
disability than she does not qualify for a 504. It must be an IEP, which is 
stronger than a 504. BUT, you must have a health care plan attached to the 
IEP and it must be signed along with the IEP and in the IEP it must read that 
there is an Individual Health Care Plan that is to be included and attached 
the current IEP. I have just been thru this with my son and I finally have 
everything in order. Thanks to the State of CT Parent and Advocacy and a 
lawyer from the CT Children's Medical Center. Last year I had an IEP because 
my son is under "other health impairment" ...he takes speech therapy at 
school, so I did not qualify for a 504, but when he no longer needs speech we 
will switch over to a 504. Anyways, middle of the school year last year I 
find out that the Health Care Plan was never included in with the IEP, and I 
literally went crazy...so this year at our meeting I was sure to have it 
signed by my endo and a rep from the school. All I's dotted and all T's 
Sarah  :)  Mom to Matthew ( almost 6 ) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 
and Victoria ( 7 ) Non-D...Love My kids!
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
help SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml