Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

> In a message dated 9/6/02 1:30:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> >
> > Beverly,
> >
> > No law.  The Principal said he needed to check out "District Policy"  He
> > said "We have some 40 diabetic kids and noone else has requested this.
> > afraid if Devin has it some other child could get into it and take it.
> > District nurse wants it kept locked up in the nurse's office.
> >
> > Carol
> My understanding is if there is no law and the doctor orders it...they
> comply....call the ADA advocacy dept and OCR. I filed a complaint with OCR
> the last district and they are currently in negotiations as they must have
> the D children covered at all times (and prove it)... this is an issue
> some parents just *accept* but the OCR is finding in favor of the kids
> nation wide...let me know how it goes....
> Beverly
> -*******---*******
> Beverly, Mom to Mary, NINE!!, dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and Nick, who
> now ten!

I can't think right now I'm so ticked off - what is the OCR!  (See my note
to the district nurse and principal below)

(Attached is a copy of the Doctor's Orders for my son, Devin.  As you can
see the orders state that the glucogon will be kept in the PE office, too.
Also, that the PE teacher will be taught how to use the glucogon.  As of
right now, the school is in noncompliance with those orders.  I'd like to
resolve this as soon as possible before Devin starts activity in PE.  You
can reach me at either of the numbers below.)

Carol Mulligan