Re: [IPp] Glucogon at School

email @ redacted writes:

> Beverly,
> No law.  The Principal said he needed to check out "District Policy"  He
> said "We have some 40 diabetic kids and noone else has requested this. He's
> afraid if Devin has it some other child could get into it and take it.  The
> District nurse wants it kept locked up in the nurse's office.
> Carol

My understanding is if there is no law and the doctor orders it...they must
comply....call the ADA advocacy dept and OCR. I filed a complaint with OCR on
the last district and they are currently in negotiations as they must have
the D children covered at all times (and prove it)... this is an issue that
some parents just *accept* but the OCR is finding in favor of the kids safety
nation wide...let me know how it goes....
now ten!