Re: [IPp] the fight continues

Dear Shanna,

God Bless You!  Last year I broke down and cried (over the nurse and the
stunts she pulled causing me to pull Jessy out of school and homeschool
her for 2 weeks until they finally came up with the "504 plan idea")  I
left calling the "stupidentendent"(....oops, I'm still doing it, I mean
the superintendent) a "spineless weasel"!  I was pretty upset and crying
all the way down the hall, where Jessy's teacher at the time (who was
very supportive over the entire ordeal) raced down the hallway after me
to offer some solice.  I feel for you like you just wouldn't know.  My
heart goes out to you.

All I can say is don't let them push you around.  When they start talking
state law, you start talking Federal Law!  Again, I say, try to find a
public defender.  They travel all over the state to help out, and they
don't cost a thing.  Once the school realizes that you are that serious,
they will back off like a pussy cat.  I swear this is just all a power
trip for some of these "honcho's".  All I have to say about that is, they
ain't so smart or they would NOT be pulling this crap.  It makes me
sooooo angry.

Just remember, deep breaths and counting.  Think of silly little names
for them (although I don't condone name calling for my children, I find
it VERY theraputic when refering to them), for example,
"stupidintendent", "Mr. McJerkMe".  They were my 2 favorites.  It just
made me feel better.  Hang in there, you are doing the right thing.

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted, email @ redacted
>Subject: [IPp] the fight continues >Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:27:14 EDT >
>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >Well, I broke down and
was crying in the principal's office today. The guy >that wouldn't return
my calls finally called after I told on him. He told me >that he isn't
prepared to give me in writing the reasoning behind sending >Jacob to the
other school. I then asked for the policy that states that no >one other
than a nurse can give insulin. I gave the principal the info on >Loundoun
County. Her response was, "Well, their laws and policies would be >very
different from ours." I was so mad at that point. I started trying to
>call other schools in Minnesota to find out if they have children with
>diabetes at them and who administers their insulin. I filled a complaint
>with the Office of Civil Rights. I have contacted Michelle Bachman who
is >one of our senators and lives in our city. I have called just about
everyone >that I can. I still need more. If anyone knows how I can find
out if there >are other schools in MN that don't have a nurse and they
administer insulin >one way or another could you please let me know how?
I need to know what >school in what district that so I can bring exact
facts for them to see in >black and white. Thanks to everyone that has
been helping me out. I so >appreciate it. I will keep you all updated. >