[IPp] Re: please help me

> This doesn't work in small towns though. Our SD made a point to hire a
> different lawyer each time they needed one, so that ALL the lawyers in town
> at one point had done work for the school district. So when we had a
> potential law suit, we couldn't hire a single lawyer within 250 miles
> because it was a "conflict of interest" for all of them!
> Our only choice was to hire from Salt Lake City or Denver, and that would
> include the lawyers expenses to come to our town. The public interest
> lawyers from SLC and Denver wouldn't do it because it was too far away.>>

Oh, that really sucks doesn't it.  However, there could have been another
solution, and that was for the school's lawyer to do the travelling to the
"big city".  We were involved in a lawsuit for many years (far too many) and
generally found the lawyers liked to stay in the big city.

And for Shanna,
     Yes, don't let them move your son to a school so far away.  If your kids
are sick for any reason, or need to come home from school, its nice to be
able to get them fairly quickly.
     We have no laws to protect our DM kids here in Canada, so I can't offer
any other advice to you.  However, what works for me is that I go to the
school every day at lunch to check Claire's bg reading and to decide on her
bolus depending on what she is going to eat and whether there is gym after
lunch.  I just slip into the classroom as soon as the kids are allowed to go
and get their lunches.  She likes me to come (age 8, grade 3), and I will
until she wants to do it all by herself.  At that point I will probably get
her a cell/mobile phone to keep with her at school.  At morning snack she
eats the same thing every day and gives herself 1.5 units.
     We are new to this town, and a big criteria for us in selecting a place
to live was that the school wasn't too far away.    I wanted 10 minutes max
driving time.  My hubby has to ride his bicycle to work, or else I drive him.

Best of luck,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8