[IPp] Animas

Where is Animas located?  I asked our Endo about their pump and she said that
she honestly has never put anyone on it because she doesn't know a lot about
the company. They usually put kids on either the Minimed Paradigm or the
Disetronic Pumps.  I will most likely be switching pumps when our four year
waiting period is over. I love our paradigm, don't get me wrong, it is great.
I am thrilled with it. But the more I hear about the smaller reservoir being
an issue, the more I start worrying for the future when my son is also taking
in more insulin. Right now we change sites every other day, we were told to
do this by our Endo. I sometimes go three days, but then those sites take
longer to heal than if I change every other day. My son is great with site
changes so the every other day is not an issue.  I also heard that with both
the Animas and Disetronic pumps you can have a smaller basal rate, which
would have been great for us since sometimes with Matthew running at 0.1 it
is still too much.
Thanks a bunch
Sarah  :)  Mom to Matthew ( almost 6 ) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria ( 7 ) Non-D...Love My kids!