Re: [IPp] MN help?

In a message dated 9/4/2002 4:00:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > .  I remember 1 -
> > 2 years ago at a school by Mpls/St. Paul that they were going to bus a
> > little girl to another school because her school did not want to assist
> > her with her diabetes.  The ADA stepped in, an attorney and the Media
> > and it became a big news item.  The end was was that the little girl
> > could stay in her school.  It's been tried and they lost.
> Shanna the ADA should be able to provide you with a copy of this
> case....ask
> them and I will look....

This did not actually go to trial.  They just went before the school board
with the media and got things changed.  I have been talking with the advocate
that went to the school board with the mother.  I have the mother's name and
phone number as well and I am planning on trying to call her in just a few
minutes.  Thanks so much for all of your help.