Re: [IPp] Balanced School Day

Thank you everyone for your ideas.  The first 2 days have been ok, her sugars
have been a little high but not out of control, and they have been constant
so I can work at lowering them a little at a time.  I do pack Megan's lunch
accept for pizza and hot dog days and she gets milk or chocolate milk
everyday.  Megan is 6 and she checks her finger herself.  An Educational
Assistant from another class has been made available for us at any time so
she treats her lows or lets me know if she is high.

I feel the same way as you, Cindy and I told the Parent Council and the
principal the other day that their change makes Megan have to poke a least
double what she use to. They all winced when I said that but it just shows
you that they don't think about our children.  I know they think that this is
best for the kids but they didn't take special needs into consideration.  My
friends kid takes medication at 11:30 everyday and now he has to leave the
class in the middle of instruction time to get it in the office.  That
singles him out now to, before he would go as everyone was getting their
lunches and no one noticed.

Oh well, I am feeling better about it today, now that we have had a few trial
days.

Thanks again,

Debbie