Re: [IPp] Please help me.....

In a message dated 9/3/02 3:22:02 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I live in Minnesota.  I requested a 504 meeting back before school was out
> last year.  We have met several times about the 504 BUT I won't sign a copy
> that states that only the nurse (there one day a week) can give boluses and
> they won't sign a copy that states that anyone but the nurse can give
> boluses.  So we are at a deadlock on that issue.
> Shanna

I would (and did) contact the Dept of Education, Office for Civil Rights and
file a complaint..you can do it on the Internet...also, contact Heather
Larson (I think is her last name and Crystal Jackson with ADA and your local
ADA chapter to get an advocate in your area to work with you...they can
help....but file that complaint and ask them to produce LAW that states they
can deny him testing (which they can't) or that they can ship him to another
school (which they can't)...the school we were in produced a nursing statute
which did not even apply when I looked into it.....let me know....
now ten!