Re: [IPp] Please help me.....

Dear Shanna,

You need to contact Crystal Jackson at email @ redacted right away!
Write to her and tell her what you just told us.  There are laws, you
live in the United States, not just MN.  What they are trying to do to
your son is discrimination in its fullest!  Contact the American
Discrimination Association, you can find them on the web.  Oh sweetie, I
am so sorry you have to go through this.  These schools are utterly

email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted, email @ redacted
>Subject: [IPp] Please help me..... >Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:16:08 EDT >
>Insulin Pumpers is made possible by contributions from forum >members
and supporters in industry. Your tax deductible donation >of $1.00 or
$2.00 per month is needed so that Insulin Pumpers can >continue to serve
you and diabetes community. Please visit: > >
will eliminate this header from your IP mail > >My husband had a meeting
with the head of the nurses department for our >district last week. I was
gone that day so I didn't even know about the >meeting until afterwards.
Before this meeting everything was going great at >the school. Then this
guy came in and said that the person that was going to >give Jacob his
boluses can't do it. My husband fought back and forth this >this guy.
They thought that they had everything figured out. I was going to >be
there every day for the first week just to make sure that everything runs
>smoothly and then they were going to take over by themselves doing bs
checks >and giving boluses. Then the head nurses guy comes back today and
says that >after this week they are going to make a decision if Jacob can
go to this >school or not. WHAT???? He told me that most likely they are
going to send >him to another school. The only school in the district
that has a full time >nurse. This school is 2 towns away. The school that
he is going to now is 4 >blocks away. Also the hospital is very close to
the school that he is going >to now and really far away from the school
that they want to send him to. >There is no way that I could make it to
the other school for any reason. I >don't have a car or anything so if
his sight came out or something I wouldn't >be able to help him. My
husband works every day from 9am to 8pm just that so >I can stay home and
take care of the kids. I need any help that I can get. >The only other
option they had was for Jacob (5 years old) to figure out and >administer
his boluses himself. BTW we live in MN and there are NO laws >about
diabetes care in school. If anyone can help, I really, really need it. >