Re: [IPp] Please help, school policy

email @ redacted writes:

> Beverly, we tried this type of wording last year,  but the Nurses refused to
> accept it.    They were insisting on actual written orders from the Endo
> (not even the CDE who can also prescribe)  EACH time we changed the
> insulin doseage by .1 units  or changed the correction formula.
> After finding out what our high school was doing,  we finally were able to
> force them to at least accept written orders saying the carb-insulin ratio
> could be set anywhere from   .5 to 1.0   and the correction factor could
> be anywhere from 60-120.    Then I had to supply them with current
> numbers  AND  send in written orders from me whenever these numbers
> change.     And they have to stay within the prescribed acceptable
> range from the Endo's orders  (course I was actually the one picking
> the numbers  :)
> Sincerely

I had this as part of the endo's orders just to be sure as the head nurse at
the last district didn't want me making ANY decisions...so we wrote the
orders this way too.........one thing, always ask what the *law* is they are
making their decisions on and have backup documentation....most times there
is not law but district policy or some person's idea of how it should be and
that can always be changed (not saying easily)
now ten!