[IPp] RE: pop-digest V2 #952

Lori -

This sounds like what would happen to my daughter after gymnastics.  She would
be fine or even high afterward, but then about 8 hours later be low.  After
much trial and error we figured out how to set a temp basal that would kick in
about 8 hours after she exercised.  I always wished the pump would allow you
to tell it to do a temp basal at a certain hour, but it does not.  For
example, she may want the temp basal to kick in about 2 a.m., but you can't
set it that way when you go to bed at 10:00 p.m.  I'm guessing your son
doesn't bike at the same hour every day, so trying to do a different basal
pattern with lower hourly rates might not work either.  But if he does think
he goes low during the night after biking, maybe setting a different pattern
for those times would work.  In other words, he could switch back and forth
between Pattern A and Pattern B depending on whether he is biking that day or
not.  That means having to actually remember to switch back and forth though!
I would definitely encourage him to keep playing with temp basals.