[IPp] Re: Bolus for high fat meals

I recommend messing around w/ your dual wave bolus timing.  For our son Luke,
8, we generally do 50% of the total bolus right away, and then the other 50%
over 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on the amount of fat & protein he had.
In him, the protein seems to be the worst culprit of later high blood sugars.
So if he's had something super high in protein, like eggs for breakfast and
very little carb, we do a 100% square/extended wave, usually over an hour.  It
took us quite a bit of "experimenting" (sheesh, isn't every day an experiment
with diabetes?) to settle on this # for Luke.

You'll get it!
Shelly V, mom to Luke, 8, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 MM508 + Novolog

Do you Yahoo!?