From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Lori jacobbi
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 6:21 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] re: sites & Sils vs. QuickSet questions

I found a site  www.childrenwithdiabetes  that has a page on infusion sets that
does advantages and disadvantages of many different sets.

Tomorrow will be a week that we are on the pump! We will have to adjust the
basal for Jillian today because she is going high  5p.m. - 11:30,  in range at
3a.m. but waking up low.

What a difference a week makes. We have done some things the doctor will not be
 pleased about but it's part of the reason we chose the pump and we couldn't
, we slept in over the week-end, skipped snacks, had dessert after dinner, all
 those little thing's non diabetics take for granted. Jillian ate what her
ate for the first time in a year and a half. It was all I could do not to cry
straight through dinner. I feel positive and am excited instead of burdened and
 overwhelmed. My husband and I even went out and stayed out past 10p.m.! Before
the pump I could not leave the house until she had her dinner shot and I would
 have to be home by 10 to give her her bedtime shot plus while we were out we
to call at 8:30m to make sure she had a snack and tested her BS. [ I was the
 only one that ever gave any of the shots] I'm expecting bumps in the road but I
know I can handle anything. Having this site helps as do the many others I've
discovered. It's nice to know your not alone.     "Lets all pray for a

Lori mom to Jill  11yrs.old diagnosed 4-19-02 pumping since 10-21-03 paradigm