Re: [IPp] Re: Canada and 504 type plan

We live in Ontario but  a lot of what you are saying I hear from my
friends around here as well.  Megan has only been at one school and the
principal actually seems concerned for Megan's health, not necessarily
the 'protocol'.  I'm sure if the school board found out some or the
things we have in place they would flip.  But it works for everyone
involved.  His attitude also shows in the other teachers involved.
 Where as when Megan first started school they seemed to check her
finger because 'it had to be done', now that they understand why and
what are the consequences of poor control will be for Megan, everyone
really works with me to achieve this.  I should  point out that before
Megan started at the school there was a boy with diabetes who never
checked his blood  glucose, never went to the doctor and as you can
imagine the school thought that diabetes was no big deal so when Megan
came along they couldn't understand why I was making a big deal about
it.  4 years later and this boy is sick all the  time and already
showing some complications.  Now everyone understands!

I hope things get better for you and your daughter.  It's hard to
believe that people who work with children can be so uncaring when it
comes to their health and well being.