Re: [IPp] Insulin in pumps

For those of you that go three days or longer on a site, I have a question
for you....
Even though your still getting numbers for three days, don't your children
develop what's called "pump bumps" ?  It is a raised bump that you cannot only
clearly see but also feel when you take the site out.  We were always told to
do site changes every other day.  Sometimes I do let my son go until the third
day to do a site change, but every time I do that, he has a "pump bump" and it
usually lasts for a lot longer than the marking of a site left in only for
two days.  I don't know about your children, but we also insert only on his
 upper butt area because he is very very lean, and his poor little butt is like
pin cushion.  Tonight my sister helped give my son a bath and she couldn't get
over what his butt looked like.  A cluster of tiny red marks on both upper
 butt cheeks, and of course tonight was a site change, and I had left the site
for three days and there it was...the PUMP BUMP!
Sarah  :)   Single- Mom to Matthew (turning 7 on Sept 7th!!!!) MM Paradigm
since May 2002, dxd 3/99 and Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!