[IPp] Animas is great!

I am so glad I went with Animas.  I talked with our pump trainer, Sandy,
yesterday afternoon to go over Meg's numbers for the past week and
adjust as necessary.   She really listened to me and what I thought, and
then we brainstormed some new basal rates.  I asked how we are supposed
to dose Meghan if her pump breaks and we have to go back to shots for a
short time (overnight or a day).  She told me how to handle that, and
then told me what she was thinking of when she was driving home from our
house last Wednesday.  We are right on the edge of her territory cut
off.  And so she told us to call Animas in about 10 days (when she is
back from vacation), and tell them that Sandy discussed us having a
permanent back up pump since it would be hard for her to get us a
replacement quickly.  She said pump support would then call her and ask
if she feels we need one (which of course she does or she wouldn't have
suggested it) and Animas will send us another pump to keep as back up if
Meghan's goes down.  I thought that was so thoughtful of her, and it
will be great to know that if something happens to her pump, we won't
have to wait days to get a new  pump in.
 <mailto:email @ redacted> Donna
Mom to Meghan, 7 (dx 9/28/02, Animas 10/08/03)
Nicholas, 10 (science fanatic and GameCube addict)
Married to Don for over 11 great years
Living in Melbourne, FL