[IPp] Re:Normal Basals

Ok, so I'm hearing that we aren't the only ones out there pulling
our hair out trying to figure out these crazed hormonal issues.

My concern is not so much in the increasing of the basals
either to changing numbers or higher temp percentages,  but
to these two big problems:

1.   Once you've got them to the new working basal amount and
things are going smoother during the growth spurt or hormonal
spurt,  how do you anticipate the end of this stage and return to
normal?     As I've mentioned before,  he seems to suddenly
stop the growth spurt high numbers or hormonal high numbers
as quickly as he unexplainably started them.    There's no slow
decline in this process which would indicate a slow backing off
of the new basals.    And we have to worry about his seizures
triggered by rapid drops in blood sugar numbers.    Am I
missing the signals that things are ending?????

2.   How do you all handle school with these out of control
blood sugar numbers?     Zach can't concentrate or even
see well once he hits 300  (and his vision is perfect normally),
is getting severe headaches by this time,  and then is throwing
up once he reaches 400.     And school sends him home the
minute he reaches 400 anyway ----  which is good since he seems
to catch any germ that walks past him when his numbers get high
so then he's sick and hormonal/growing.      Absenteeism is a
MAJOR problem for him since entering 5th grade and he's in
8th this year.     I would like to get this straightened out before
he actually starts high school and attendance/grades become a
part of his permanent record to be viewed by colleges,  employers,
etc.    Ideas?

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (turning 21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7)
Fenton, MO