Re: [IPp] Fast Food

I just wanted to add my 2 cents....
Our son AJ has been Type 1 for over 11 years. We have never insisted on Diet
pop or limited his eating in any way. The way we were "schooled" in diabetes
management was to let kids eat whatever they want, especially if they are
hungry - count the carbs and "cover" with the correct amount of insulin. His
 HbA1C's have been below 7.0 for over 10 years. He is 14 now and we have never
issues with food of any kind. He is on an insulin pump now but before he went
on the pump we would just give extra shots for any extra carbs he wished to
consume.  We would always say "you can have whatever you want, but you need to
"cover" "  and he always would give an extra shot or two depending on what he
wanted to eat.

Just thought I would add another way of managing diabetes that has worked for
us all of these years.
Any thoughts out there?