From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: October 13, 2003 12:52 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPp] Fast Food

Tea, This has happened to us on several occasions.  People seem to not
take my 10 year old son seriously when he orders a diet soda.  I find
myself saying right after he orders "He is a diabetic."  So, they know
it is serious.  I even had a waiter tell me after I discovered that my
son's diet soda was NOT diet,"Oh, I thought it was so cute when he was
trying to act grown-up and order a diet soda." Or "You are not fat. Why
do you want a diet soda?"  We just test by taking a sip every time he
orders or asking him to make sure it tastes right.

Donna - Mom to Connor 10 dx at 6, pumping w/Cosmo since Aug. and Darrin
12, Britney 7 non-diabetics