[IPp] normal basal?

I know this is supposed to be an individual thing, but I am curious if anyone
else's child that is around a 155 pounds is using this much insulin. Jake's
basal rate has just gone up again to 1.2 units an hour. We have steadily gone
up .1 units for the last year. He is almost 13 and very active and bg is in
 very good control as long as we keep increasing the basal rate a little every 3
r4 months. He can go to bed perfect and wake up perfect for months and one
day he's waking up 240-270 for a week and we'll increase the basal just 0..1
 unit and he'll be fine for 3 or 4 more months. I'm curious about other children
though because our neighbor is 38 and has been diabetic for 18 years and only
take 0.8 units for basal rate and is in good control. I just hope Jake is not
 needing more insulin than normal or if how much insulin you take means anything
about your condition. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Trena (mom to
Jake 12)