[IPp] Re: Glucose Tablets

In a message dated 10/10/2003 3:35:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I went into the school with this letter and a copy of the guidelines
> (which
> I had previously provided for them) and they still decided to suspend her.
> They called all of the parents of the 5 children and are still treating this
> as if she handed out a medication.

I would think that they would have to "prove" that she handed out medication.
 They are not likely to have much success with this, if you are able to push
it to a higher level of authority.

The media love to hear about stories like this.  I would contact all possible
in your area.  You can pick an individual reporter to telephone, if you have
someone in mind whose stories you have liked in the past, or just call the
 general number. Newspapers also like to know how much time their competition is
devoting to a story, so try to play up that angle if you can.  Who knows, they
may send a cameraman out to film you in front of your house!

In Canada we have elected school trustees who you can contact about things
like this--I don't know how it works in the USA, but anything similar?

Good luck,
Barbara, mum of Claire 9 (who also has given out dextrose on the school bus)