[IPp] Dealing with teenage male hormones & DM

I would like to hear from parents or males young enough to give
me ideas on how to deal with my sons raging hormones
affecting his blood sugars.

He will be 14 in January and has been in early puberty for over
a year now.     He spent the last two years having spurts of
hormones and growth spells but they tended to only last for
7-10 days and then were over.     Recently he seems to be
having them much more frequently and they are only lasting
for a few days at a time.

I know I've read of how some teens reached a point of actually
being on a doubled dose of insulin for a while,  or one week
a month for girls.    Just wanting to know if he is being normal
and what we should expect over the next few years.    Also any
ideas would be great.

I'm always a little leary of just doing large jumps in his basals
so we are doing smaller jumps with corrections every three
hours but its causing him to miss school again.     And we have
the additional worry of not knowing when he will suddenly return
to normal and need his old basals --  since he is known to
have seizures while sleeping from too rapid drops in blood sugars.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (turning 21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7)
Fenton, MO