[IPp] numbing cream and insertion devices

Our son started pumping when he was two years old; he is now four and a half.
We have always used the quickset, 6mm., in his upper/outer hips.  At the
beginning, we used Emla cream and then ElaMax (faster acting), but gradually
stopped using any cream at all.

If the insertion hurts, we pull out the set immediately and do another.  Pain,
at least to him, means we hit a nerve or blood vessel or muscle . . .and the
numbers won't be good.

Mom to Zachary, dxd at 13 mos. of age.