[IPp] Cozmo Update

Just an FYI since there have been a couple of comments about it...

I talked to Deltec today.  I know of at least three changes that will be
made on the updated Deltec.  The carb factor max will increase from 50 to
200.  The correction factor max will increase from 200 to 400.  And, the
lock out feature will make it so you CANNOT stop all insulin delivery
unless you enter the lock out code.  (In an emergency, if someone needed
to stop insulin delivery who did not know the lock out code, one could
just disconnect at the site.)

They are not sure how this software update will be sent out, but it
should be sent out to all pump owners.  They are debating sending out a
palm pilot with an update chip which you would use to update your pump
and then send the palm pilot back.  They said they should know a release
date by November, so I am hoping by January we might actually have the
update.. that may be too optimistic.  I am really excited about these
changes!  Such ratios are much more useful for my young pumper.

Mom to Andrea 4 (dx 1/28/03 pumping Cozmo 10/2/03), Alicia 2, Carlos 4

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!